Saturday, October 4, 2008

"I Get It From My MOMMA"

~CLEANING~
I do indeed get it from my MOM!
I have always hated cleaning growing up... I would always complain or just put it off till the next minute.. My room was always a "pig stye" as my mom would say! She quoted to me many times after yelling at me to clean my room, or dust the house, or wash the dishes or vacuum that "I HOPE ONE DAY YOU GROW UP TO LEARN TO CLEAN AND WAIT TILL YOU GET A HOUSE OF YOUR OWN"
WELL... MOM it happened!!
All day yesterday and last night I worked a wedding for my mom... I put in a long 13 hr day, yes I said 13 hour day. I was tired and exhausted, my feet hurt, my back hurt and my body ached all over. When I got home I looked around in the kitchen and said theres no way im even beginning to clean this tonight. (Thats a lie) I just went to my room and got ready for bed and just forgot about it, well I got hungry and wanted a little snack being I didnt eat a dinner and so I went to the kitchen and I lost control. I ended up cleaning all the dishes, the entire kitchen and living room, I couldn't help it, than I proceeded to walk to my room and clean that too...
MY MOM ALWAYS CLEANS EVERYTHING BEFORE SHE GOES TO BED, OR BEFORE SHE WALKS OUT THE DOOR TO GO SOMEWHERE, WE ALWAYS WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW SHE ALWAYS HAD TO CLEAN WHEN IT WASNT NEEDED OR WHEN WE WERE TRYING TO GO SOMEWHERE AND SHE JUST WANTED TO WIPE THE COUNTER DOWN BEFORE WE WENT TO THE STORE REAL FAST.
Kacie always gets mad at me because I always clean before she can get to it and she goes to clean something and Ive already done it.
I now can say when it comes to cleaning I am like my mom!
I have cleaned more in the last year than I have my whole life, I have vacuumed and done dishes and dusted more in the past year than in my whole life. I hate dirty things and it bugs me a lot now, every day I have to clean the house up or put things away before the day is over, even if i know people are coming over and its just going to get dirty again I still do it.
Many of my friends just laugh and make fun of me because if there eating candy (which theres always a lot of at my house if anyone knows my love for candy) they will put there wrappers on the coffee table and within 15 mins of them sitting there ill get up and throw them all away.
Lastly... I DO THE FAMOUS WASHING THE CUP THING... My dad hates when my mom does this, and she does it often.. and now once again she has given me that trait... I wash everyones cups before there completly done with the cup. I always get the.. "Did you wash my cup.. or where did my cup go." IN THE SINK is where it went! :)
Thought I would share the little storys of my cleaning habit I have picked up from my mom!
You should be proud of me mom... I know you never thought I'd grow to like cleaning in my entire life!!
Thanks and I actually really do appreciate it :)

6 comments:

Jenna Lee said...

ha ha.... I can not imagine you being a cleaner, your right your room was always the biggest pig sty ever... and you would never clean. And I laughed about the part of mom having to put the dirty dishes away and wipe down the counters before we leave.. I get so annoyed with her for that everyday, we will be running late but we can't leave tell the counters are clean... I use to be a clean person, I always had to have a clean house, tell Braxton came and now I never clean....

sandy said...

AAHHHH!!!!I love it!! I'm not so whacked after all huh? When my house is clean, I feel much better about myself and even my outlook on life! Like the other night when we came home really fast to change to go back to work and you had to take a quick shower because you felt dirty and sticky (which we were)I had to have a little laugh. Did I really scream all that much at you and your room? Oh yea, the other day I opened a drawer of the dresser in your room and a few pieces of that paper confetti from the prom asking jazz fell out. I wished I would'nt have been such a screamer. Oh well, then I would have been a spanker I guess! Anyways, I'm so proud of you for keeping a clean house!!
I just finished listening to President Monson's talk. It was really good, hope you watched it. It was "Finding JOY Now" Don't dwell on the past because you can't change it. Don't look to the future bacause you don't know what memories will be there. Find joy now. Live life to the fullest in a good way, so you won't be sorry for any mistakes later. I'm so grateful for the best 2 daughters anyone could ever have. And am grateful for our relationship with eachother. You have taught me many things. Like sometimes its ok to have a dirty counter. Just stop and play for a few minutes now! The counter will still be waiting for me later. (unfortunately) also to let a few things roll off your shoulder. It's not worth fighting over.
Thanks for working so hard at the weddings, it was a relief not to worry about your capabilities of being a hard worker!
Love ya,
MOM

Lyndsay said...

Tawners you are crazy! I miss working with you!

nadia shea said...

I've turned into my mom as well. It happens haha. When we are angry we clean like crazy or drive fast. I find myself being just like her.

Anonymous said...

hahahahah There is STILL confetti in your room from the the dance-asking days?? That makes me so happy, and in your dresser drawers...amazing! It will never go away.

Chelsea said...

my mom is a clean freak too and jers mom is NOT. so jer is like her and I am like sandy/janet. it makes for a great time ;) or should I say frustrating time! he does appreciate that I like things clean though, nothing is more annoying than a WT house is what I say!