Thursday, April 16, 2009

This is for my Mom :)

~CLEAN YOUR KITCHENS OUT~
This is a scary story-espcially because I have come across many expired things in the past or things I have probably had for awhile and not paid attention to the expiration date.. Or gotten from my moms cubbards that could very possibly be expired. haha. My mom doesn't agree with expiration dates 100%-only on certain things.. MOM THIS IS FOR YOU. CLEAN YOUR CUBBARDS OUT, I DONT WANT YOU KILLING ANY OF US WITH YOUR YUMMY BAKING!!! :) haha
"A student at HBHS (high school) had pancakes this week and it almost became fatal. His Mom (registered nurse) made him pancakes, dropped him off at school and headed to play tennis. She never takes her cell phone on the court but did this time and her son called to say he was having trouble breathing. She told him to go to the nurse immediately and proceeded to call school and alert the nurse. The nurse called the paramedics and they were there in 3 minutes and worked on the boy all the way to the hospital. He came so close to dying. Evidently this is more common then I ever knew.. Check the expiration dates on packages like pancakes and cake mixes that have yeast which over time develop spores. Apparently, the mold that forms in old mixes can be toxic! Throw away ALL OUTDATED pancake mix, Bisquick, brownie mixes etc you have in your home.
You can check this website.......
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/pancake.asp

P. S. You might want to tell this to your children, grandchildren, nephews, nieces and anyone else who keeps these types of mixes in the cupboard.

If you love someone tell them, for who knows what the next moment may hold.
Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things"



Anyways, now I need to go home and clean out my kitchen cabinet of baking boxes and make sure none are expired!



Girls Night was fun last night-went to the dollar movies-CANT beat 1.84 for a movie! (thanks colby for being my date and buying my ticket) They don't take debit cards YET and thats all I had. We saw Bride Wars which is a very cute movie in my opion, I would suggest it to anyone that hasn't seen it! Who wants to plan next weeks.. any takers?!?!?





and... Here is for your laughter! ha It made me laugh today when I saw it..





"what fits your busy schedule better, excercising one hour a day or being dead 24 hours a day?"



"I can't remember whether I left the seat up on the toilet last night."

hahaha HATE when guys leave the seat up!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

sandy said...

That story has been circulating around the net for a long time!!!
Yes, stuff with yeast in it goes bad. All other stuff NO! The experation dates are what the FDA puts on a label. I just went to a class last week that a lady was teaching and she had all these canned things, etc. and she gave us a list of how long different food will last, You would be amazed. Soups 5 years, sugar 20 years, veggies 4 years etc. There is a church web site to go on, where they have done extensive research on how long food will last
LDS.org it will give you some tips.
Thanks for thinking about me!
mom

Jenna Lee said...

ha ha I was so excited to read the excuses mom would give us for her experations.....I do agree with her that a lot of stuff is still good after it expires...however I also do think that some is not. And mom defiantly has expired cake mixes...heck she has even given me some!! Or better yet when I was moving and throwing the expired cake mixes away she took them from me....and no mom we are not being mean!!

Lyndsay said...

K I checked this out on snopes and it was saying this was mostly things that are just put straight into the cardboard boxes rather than in the waxy bag first. I agree with your mom tho I dont toss things that are expired right off.

Tawny Antelman said...

hahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaha! JENNA I am cracking up at your comment! Because, without a doubt in my mind I know mom took your cake mixes and put them in her cubbard rather she admits it or not.. and i usually take cake and brownie mix from moms house-now i have to check all my cake mixes I take from now on! shes going to for sure think we are being mean- but we aren't!! haha I agreee some things can go past exp dates mom.. but SOME cannot and some start to taste funny after exp dates!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME!