HO HO HO
I am one of those many people who LOVE to decorate for Holidays!
When I somewhat decorated for Halloween, Kacie told me she couldn't wait till Christmas time because she knew we would have Christmas decorations everywhere!! AND that we do...
I have been wanting a Christmas tree ever since I decorated the whole house and put up lights...but being theres not just extra money laying around in my wallet to go buy a tree, I have been putting it off.. This last week I started wrapping presents and setting them by the wall. Finally I decided I wanted to go look at trees and see the pricing on a SMALL REAL one... well once we got in the car kacie brought to my attention we would have to buy ornaments, a tree stand, a tree skirt and more... It didn't seem like such a good idea anymore to me, so I forgot about it and moved on!!
As I was finishing up some wrapping last night and watching the game with some friends, Logan told me that I still need to get a tree with all the presents I had already wrapped.
He decided to take matters into his own hands... cuz he knew I wasnt going to buy one unless he wanted to so nicely go buy one for kacie and I...
He got his creative mind thinking and in the end this is what he came up with and what ended up on our wall!!
A CHRISTMAS TREEE :):)



Tips to buying a Christmas Tree under $3.00
1. Go to the Dollar Tree and pick out a roll of wrapping paper, and if you want to make it more colorful take the other roll from your Mother :)!
2. Cut out sections of the tree and a stump and stable each corner together.
3. Tack the Tree to the wall (use enough tacks that you are sure its in place)
4. Use an ornament that you can get at the dollar store (or from Kacies mom who works at Poppys and finds all sorts of goodies that are barely damanged for us to have)
5. Put your presents under the tree and you are set to go!!
Here are the rest of our Christmas decorations!!












3 comments:
sandy would be so proud! I like it tawny! I still have to see your house in real life though!
I am so impressed!! You actually are very creative and a good decorator! Love the Christmas tree. Now I know why you needed paper! Did you do all the lights outside too? Is that your jean quilt with the red in it? I thought yours was a different color.
love ya!
mom
Mom,
Yes I did all the lights outside too, it was a lot easier this year cuz it was such a small space to put up lights unlike last year on a real house!! Well i didnt need the paper for that, i needed it to wrap presents butttt... Logan stole it and used it for a tree so in the end yes thats what i needed it for!!
Yes thats the blanket that grandma made me, i belive!! I really like it, good for days of FREEZING cold fishing!
Post a Comment